Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Welcome to Learning Concept Art and Matte Painting

 Hi Everyone,

 If you are interested in learning either concept art or matte painting, you have come to the right place, over the next few months, I will be sharing over 10 years of art and visual effects experience with all of you.

  I'll begin by telling you a bit about myself. I began drawing and painting at a young age and was greatly supported by my family to pursue my passion for visual art. I started by taking many part time art courses then later enrolled in the Langley Fine Arts High School, (which I highly recommend for anyone with kids that want to pursue any kind of art).

    After LFAS I went to the San Francisco Art Institute and quickly realized that making money as an "artist" was not a great plan. But it wasn't just about the money, digital art and computer graphics was very exciting as well.

   Anyway, long story short, I took the VanArts visual effects diploma  program, got a job at Anthem Fx for 3 years, and now have my own visual effects company called Light Ray Fx.

   You can see my personal website here: www.jonahwest.com

  And my company website here: www.lightrayfx.com

Next week I'll begin teaching some lessons on color composition and basic drawing and painting principles.

  Until next time,

Cheers,

Jonah West

3 comments:

  1. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks Deck services

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your website its really great. do check out my website also its great for learning anime drawing.

    ReplyDelete